Record Free Video Screencasts with Screenr
Since 2009 Screenr has allowed users to record 5-mintue screencasts for the low price of FREE via a Twitter account. It’s an awesome tool, that has always been easy to use. Sure there are not tons of bells or whistles like other software, but then there is no complicated manuals or steep learning curve. It remains committed to a simple main purpose: Record the screen. Literally, the steps are, click “Launch Screen Recorder”, resize the frame on just what you want to record, record for up to 5 minutes and when done, click the “Done” button. That’s it. So easy, so amazing.
Last week, I had an idea to create a Screenr for another website and to my shock, unbelievably (because I didn’t think it could), Screenr got much better., the new Screenr has added the following new improvements:
- You can now sign in with Facebook, Google, LinkedIn and more. Orginally Screenr only worked with your Twitter account.
- Better screencast commenting. Screenr has bulit-in commenting so your comments stay just on Screenr. No automatic push to Twitter.
- Improved mobile playback with iOS and Android support. So you can watch screencast much easier on the go.
- Smart screencast embedding with a new universal player which intelligently plays the right kind of video for the device viewing it. For example, if someone views your site from a phone, the universal player will serve up a phone-optimized video.
- Several user interface and workflow refinements. For example, easier editing of Titles and your profile.
So why would you use Screenr? There are hundreds of uses really–only your imagination is the limit. Right away, I can see it being very useful for the small business owner (strapped for cash) who wants to differentiate themselves with video tutorials in their FAQ. It could also be used to to highlight new features on your site. I created the below Screenr about How to subscribe to Mark8t.com as an example. Enjoy!
Print This Post